High School, College and Career Professionals who:
- Are employed or are interested in a career in the financial services industry;
- Are strong in the areas of academics, community service and leadership;
- Are current with chapter membership dues (career professionals);
- Are pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree or financial services related certification or individual coursework; and
- Are able to effectively communicate about a topic related to the financial services industry.
Interested and qualified persons are asked to submit their applications to the address listed below by end of the second week of November.
Urban Financial Services Coalition-Greater Kansas City’s Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 414194
Kansas City, MO 64141-4194
UFSC-GKC’s Scholarship Committee will prescreen applicants via telephone once applications are received. Each selected applicant will be given the opportunity to submit a written essay on a pre-selected topic related to the financial services industry by the last business day of November. First, second and third place winners will be awarded scholarships at the Annual Holiday Reception.
Scholarship recipients must participate on the Scholarship Committee the following year and provide documented evidence of how the scholarship added value to their education and/or career.